How to Change WhatsApp Number on iPhone & Android Device
We’ll show you how to change your phone number on WhatsApp without deleting your conversations. For most smartphone users, the instant messaging platform is one of the most frequently used applications. Many individuals use it to send messages as well as have voice and video conversations. Because of these qualities, WhatsApp is a go-to app for smartphone consumers.
However, since WhatsApp is linked to your phone number, you must update your account whenever your phone number changes. It’s also feasible for normal WhatsApp users to change their phone number without losing their conversation history.
If your mobile phone number changes, you’ll need to update your WhatsApp account’s phone number as well. The procedures to change your WhatsApp phone number on iPhone and Android are shown below.
On iPhone and Android, you may change your WhatsApp number
Make sure your new phone number is operational and that you can receive calls and SMS text messages on it before proceeding with the steps to change your WhatsApp phone number.
This is critical because WhatsApp will issue a 6-digit verification number to your new phone number through an SMS text message or an automated call.
1. Open WhatsApp and select Settings from the bottom menu.
On the iPhone, there is a Settings option for WhatsApp.
If you’re using an Android phone, go to the top-right corner and hit the 3-dots symbol, then pick Settings from the drop-down menu.
2. Go to Account > Change Number from the Settings page and select the Next option in the top-right corner.
On the iPhone, you may change the number screen in WhatsApp.
3. Tap “Follow” after entering your old phone number and new phone number on the next page.
On WhatsApp for iPhone, you may change your phone number on the screen.
Your new phone number will immediately get a verification code from WhatsApp.
4. Enter the Verification Code on the following page and wait for WhatsApp to authenticate the new phone number.
On your iPhone, enter the WhatsApp Verification Code.
Note: You may also choose to get a verification code by an automated call from WhatsApp to your new phone number by selecting the “Call Me” option.
All of your WhatsApp messages and contacts will be moved to your new phone number after the verification procedure is completed.
What Happens When You Change WhatsApp Number
Once WhatsApp has validated your new phone number, all of the information from your previous account will be moved to your new phone number.
- Your WhatsApp account linked to your old phone number will be deactivated.
- Your WhatsApp contacts will no longer be able to see your old phone number in their contacts list.
- All of your WhatsApp data will be moved to your new WhatsApp account, including your profile, groups, chat history, and account payment status.
Change WhatsApp Number Without Losing Contacts
WhatsApp uses registered phone numbers to identify accounts rather than email or other ways.
This necessitates updating your WhatsApp phone number if the phone number used to establish your WhatsApp account has changed and no longer belongs to you.
Because individuals often change phone numbers, WhatsApp makes it simple to move your account to a new phone number without losing any of your contacts, messages, photos, or videos.