How to Tag Someone in Whatsapp?
If you’re sending an essential WhatsApp group message, you may want to tag a few individuals in the group to ensure that your message gets seen and read by them. The ways to tag people in WhatsApp on the iPhone and Android are shown below.
Only in WhatsApp group conversations and not in contact chats can you tag people. Note that the procedures below apply How to Tag Someone in Whatsapp Web, Android, and iPhone.
I have a Windows 11 PC, an iPhone (iOS 15.1), and a Pixel 4a smartphone (Android 12).
How to Tag Someone in Whatsapp Status
The steps are as follows:
- Open the desired group chat.
- Tap the compose box at the bottom.
- You may view a list of the group’s members by typing @. Select the person you want to tag by tapping on their name.
- Keep in mind that you might use the preceding procedure to name additional people.
- After that, just like in any other WhatsApp discussion, you may add a message. Please send it.
When you tag someone on WhatsApp, what happens?
- Those who have been tagged will get a notice and will be able to see that you have tagged them.
- The @ sign may be found in the group conversation in the Chats tab, which receives a message in which you’ve been tagged.
- They’ll get this message even if they’ve muted the group. If you’ve been muted, this doesn’t apply to you.
- Anyone who touches their name (for example, S) in this message will be directed to S’s Contact Info page. It will direct them to S’s conversation interface on WhatsApp Web.